MXDC is an exciting new addition to an area right around the corner to the White House. The two level open interior is a balance between modern and rustic architecture lit by copper chandeliers and brimming with lush succulents.
The Food: The menu consists of small plates and family-style dishes that offer a fresh perspective on traditional Mexican cuisine elevated by high-end ingredients. The menu consists of small plates and family-style dishes that offer a fresh perspective on traditional Mexican cuisine elevated by high-end ingredients.
Dishes not to miss:
- Crab Guacamole
- Tuna and Crab Ceviche
- Mole De Costilla Carne Asada Tacos
- Pescado a la talla
The Drinks: A strong tequila program featuring approximately 100 of Mr. English's favorite tequila's served in imported Mexican glass quartinos and half-liter carafes. Quartinos and flights are presented with lime dusted salt, orange compote and MXDC's house-made sangrita — a traditional Mexican tequila accompaniment. We offer hand crafted alcoholic and non-alcoholic options.
Libations not to miss:
- Cucumber Aqua Fresca
- Margarita a la Casa
- Cocoa Picante
About our Talent
- Todd English is a well-known celebrity chef, restaurateur, author and television personality. The Texas-born chef opened his first restaurant in Boston, MA in 1989, and today owns restaurants across the globe. His award winning television show Food Trip with Todd English on PBS allows viewers to follow his adventures around the world as he looks for inspiration for new dishes, menus and restaurants. For MXDC, English was inspired by his love of Mexico, its culture and cuisine.
- English appointed Juan Carlos "JC" Pavlovich, who hails from Tijuana, to helm the kitchen. Iron Chef America fans may recognize Pavlovich from his reoccurring role as a sous chef on the show- he has supported Julian Medina and Bobby Flay.
- President of the United States Bartenders Guild Chapter DC, and MXDC's bar manager — JP Caceres is well known around DC. His hand crafted "cocteles" are the perfect compliment to JC Pavlovich's exciting flavors and compositions.
- Michael Bennett, our Maitre D'Hotel and General Manager, comes to MXDC from NYC where he's been an owner, operator and consultant for several successful venues. Michael has also served as Brand Manager for the one of the world's most popular tequilas: 1800. These diverse experiences merge perfectly at MXDC where Michael looks forward to personally greeting you during your next visit.